|Jog falls at rainy season|
Jog Falls, Gerosoppa Falls or Joga Falls is the second-highest plunge waterfall in India. Located in Sagara taluk, these segmented falls are a major tourist attraction. They are also called Gersoppa Falls and Jogada Gundi.
Jog falls is created by the Sharavathi river falling from a height of 253m (830 ft), making the second-highest plunge waterfall in india after the Nohkalikai Falls with a height of 335m(1100 ft) in Meghalaya in Karnataka.
Nearest Railway Station:- Talaguppa and Sagara (SRF): For Sagar 30 km
- Honnavar(68km) which is in Mangalore-Mumbai Konkan Railway route.
Nearest Bus Station:- Sagara and then Jogfalls busstop.
- Hubli Airport (HBX): 130 km
- Bengaluru International Airport (BLR): 340 km
- Mangalore International Airport (India)(Formerly Bajpe Airport) (IXE): 200 km
- Goa Airport (GOI): 246 km
- Rajiv Gandhi International Airport (HYD): 650 km
Accommodation-One of the best homestay to stay in Sagara / near Jog falls is Sanjeevini Homestay (http://www.sanjeevinihomestay.com/)
Homestay is situated in a very relaxing location with malnad culture. The modern amenities and homely food makes the stay lot more luxurious.Atmosphere is very homely.
Don't forget to travel Jog Falls and also stay in Sanjeevini Home Stay.